Sunday, April 17, 2011

"The Autumn Browns" at Sprouting Seeds Studio and some FREE Doodles!

Sprouting Seeds Studio just posted the last of the "Autumn" papers collection:  "The Autumn Browns."  Here's what they said about them.  "As we wrap up the Autumn colors in this paper series, every time we look at this paper pack we 1) Get hungry for chocolate and 2) It reminds us of that spectacular brown polka dot dress that Julia Roberts wore in the movie Pretty Woman! "  


Ha, ha!  I love this!  In college one of my friends bought a brown polka-dotted dress like the one in Pretty Woman, and then she bought several in other colors.  She loved those dresses!   So in honor of my dear friend Kristy, here are a "Pretty Woman" dress and hat for your scrapbook pages!

When you just can't find quite what you want for page elements, you can always doodle.  In PSE8, I doodled the dress and hat on Paper 1 from the collection, then cut them out and saved them in PNG form.  I used my Bamboo tablet, which is probably currently my favorite toy, even though I'm not much of an artist.  You can, however, select the "pencil" from the toolbar in PSE8 and draw with your mouse.  After you doodle your object, double-click on the Layer name on the right-hand side, where it is called a "background," and click OK to change it to a transparent layer.  Use your "magic wand" to select and delete all the area around the doodled object, crop, and "Save As" a PNG file.  I chose a 175-pt brush stroke for my "pencil" to write "Pretty" and "Beautiful" in solid black on a transparent layer, and selected them with my "magic wand" tool.  I then placed Paper 1 above that layer and chose "Create Clipping Mask" from the drop-down layer menu to cut the words out of the polka-dot paper.  Hint:  If you run the letters in your word art together, it will be easier to select them as one whole shape to create your clipping mask, rather than having to clip each letter individually.

Here are the elements.  Click on image to download from 4shared.  PU/S4H/S4O.


Distracting myself this way is not working, though.  I still want chocolate, too!

Click on image below to go download "The Autumn Browns" collection from Sprouting Seeds Studio.


Happy Scrapping!  :)

1 comment:

  1. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [18 Apr 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete