Friday, June 8, 2012

Sunflower Cake - With Pink

Yes, it's that time again.  We are getting ready for yet another military move, and we need to clear out the pantry.  Cans of tomato sauce, canned pears, cake mixes, etc.  I'm trying to avoid too many sweets these days myself, but fortunately, I have a 10-year-old girl who loves baking up those cake mixes, and a 13-year-old boy who loves eating the resulting goodies for me!

We found this delightful recipe on Pinterest, and when you use all yellow peeps around the edge with the chocolate chip "seeds" in the center, it looks just like a sunflower.  (You can use any type of round cake.  We used a double-layer yellow cake with chocolate icing.)  We didn't have enough yellow peeps in the cabinet, but we did have some pink ones.  And after all, isn't everything more fun when you throw a little pink in??!  So I don't know if it looks like a sunflower anymore, but it sure was good!





Happy Baking!  :)

2 comments:

  1. That looks great! I wish I could get my 13 year old to bake, but she's always afraid of doing it wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend made one of those on Easter & posted the pic on facebook. One of her friends commented "What is that? Peeps & Poops?" LOL

    ReplyDelete