Sunday, September 22, 2013

Easy Craft: Dry-Erase Boards

My friend Vicki made the coolest craft with the kids.  A dry-erase board made from a picture frame.  It was quite easy and inexpensive.  Take the back out of a picture frame.  Cut a piece of patterned paper to fit and glue it to the inside of the back of the frame.  Glue a smaller piece of solid paper in the center, and decorate the border with stickers.  Put the frame back together, and decorate the outside of the frame with bling or 3-D embellishments.  Ta-Da!  You have your dry-erase board!  Write on the glass with a dry-erase marker and wipe it right off.  If you are doing the craft with small children, try replacing the glass in the frame with a transparency sheet cut to fit.
We did these for my daughter's birthday party and got the frames for $1 each at the Dollar Tree, and the dry erase markers in a package of 4 for $1; so for 8 girls, the craft only cost about $10.  We had scrapbooking paper and stickers lying around, and I did splurge on some bling for the frames!


You can make them look boyish, too!


Of course, I had to make my own!  My kitchen is decorated in a Coca-Cola theme, so I made this to hang on the wall for grocery lists and notes.


Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment