Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Review: I Am Second

You've heard the old acronym for J*O*Y.  In order to have true JOY in your life, you must put J*esus first, O*thers second, and Y*ourself third.

I Am Second puts a new spin on the tried-and-true idea.  People come in, they sit in the white chair, and they tell how their lives have been changed since they decided to put Jesus and others first and themselves second.  All sorts of people.  Celebrities, athletes, musicians, and unknowns.  Ordinary, every-day people like you and me.  And they open up about their struggles.  The horrors that have made them victims.  The horrors they have done.  The pain, the forgiveness, the healing.

The purpose of the I Am Second movement is to share stories and to encourage others to "Live Second."  The short films (about 10 minutes each on average) encourage others to put Jesus and others first in their lives.  In addition, sometimes it can just help you get through a hard time when you know you are not alone.  When you have that dark corner of your heart that you cannot share with your closest loved ones, perhaps you can find someone else sharing the same struggle and realize you are not alone.  You are loved.  You have help.  There is forgiveness.  There is healing.

I love the openness of the people in the films on I Am Second.  The willingness to share from their hearts in order to glorify God and help others.  I was especially touched by the ones about abortion.  As an adopted child whose birth mother was encouraged to abort her, the stories of those who decided to abort and those who decided not to all touched me.  I love the fact that solutions are offered here; it is not just a collection of gripes from people who have problems.  Where a problem is put forth, so is a resolution.  There are happy endings.

The films are uplifting (and sometimes tear-jerking) and free to watch.  I did have some problems accessing the films on my computer.  I have an older (pre-Intel) Mac laptop and an older Android tablet.  I could not watch the films on either one.  When I tried to watch them, I was offered a download which I could purchase.  I had to borrow an iPad to watch the free videos.  Just be aware that if you are trying to view the site on an older piece of equipment and have problems, you may just need to access them on something newer.

So many problems in our lives are caused or inflamed by a preoccupation with self.  Take a look at I Am Second, consider "living second," and spread the word!




About: I AM SECOND
Actors. Athletes. Musicians. Business leaders. Drug addicts. Your next-door neighbor. People like you.
The authentic stories on iamsecond.com provide insight into dealing with typical struggles of everyday living. These are stories that give hope to the lonely and the hurting, help from destructive lifestyles, and inspiration to the unfulfilled. 
You’ll discover people who’ve tried to go it alone and have failed. Find the hope, peace, and fulfillment they found. Be Second.

About: Seconds Change
Give Change, Make Change- Many more stories are waiting to be told.  You can help.  Commit $2 every Tuesday to build film funds, and your contribution will be used to develop, produce and promote new films. Join the project and become an I am Second insider with access to exclusive content via Facebook.


Resources: 
Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/Iam2nd.Nashville
Twitter: https://twitter.com/IamSecond
Website:  http://www.iamsecond.com

Disclaimer:  I received free products from I Am Second in exchange for a fair review.  No other compensation was given, and all opinions are my own. 


No comments:

Post a Comment