Monday, November 27, 2017

Flyby Review: Alpha/Omega by Kutless





I have been familiar with the rock/worship band Kutless for several years through their songs on the radio and their representations on the WOW Worship CDs that we bought every year.  This, however, is the first Kutless album I have actually owned.  I don't know why I haven't bought any before.  The band has a great modern sound that is worshipful and singable but also contemporary and performance-worthy.

Released on November 10, 2017, Alpha/Omega has a great blend of new and not-so-new songs, both originals and covers.  The band has sought to find songs that will minister to the current generation.  My favorite, though not a brand new song, is "Cornerstone," the updated version of the hymn "My Hope Is Built."  Some of the old hymns have so much meaning, and I have always loved well-done contemporary updates that keep a new generation singing the old favorites.  "Gave It All" and "No Wonder" are two other refreshing pieces that take ideas directly from old favorite hymns without really using any part of the hymn itself in the new songs.  "Your Great Name" and "Great Are You Lord" are beautiful, worshipful expressions of praise to God without the "me" focus that is so prevalent in many Christian Contemporary songs.

Alpha/Omega is now a permanent part of my listening playlist.  The band has pursued excellence and kept the focus of their music on Christ - the two things I look for in excellent worship music.

Social Corner:

Landing page to buy/stream the record: http://smarturl.it/kutles
Of course, I have a giveaway for you!  Because I received the CD late and therefore got my review done late, there will be a short window on this one.  Please just comment below or on my Facebook page "I want this CD!" by Wednesday, November 29.  One winner will be chosen in a random drawing.
Disclosure (in accordance with the FTC’s 16 CFR, Part 255:  “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”):  Many thanks to Propeller Consulting, LLC for providing this prize for the giveaway.  Choice of winners and opinions are 100% my own and NOT influenced by monetary compensation.  I did receive a sample of the product in exchange for this review and post. Only one entrant per mailing address, per giveaway.  If you have won a prize from our sponsor Propeller /FlyBy Promotions in the last 30 days on the same blog, you are not eligible to win.  Or if you have won the same prize on another blog, you are not eligible to win it again.  Winner is subject to eligibility verification.
Happy Listening!

1 comment: