Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Flyby Review: Every Mile Mattered by Nichole Nordeman


The last few weeks, we have been privileged to review Every Mile Mattered by the talented artist Nichole Nordeman.  On this album, Nichole reflects over the miles she has traveled in life - the memories she wants to treasure, the trials she'd like to forget, everything that has made her who she is now.  This is a great listening album for me.  Nichole has a beautiful, clear, mid-range voice that communicates her powerful message, accompanied by excellent instrumentation.

From the Capitol Christian Music Group website:  
This album is all about the journey, the ups and downs of life, and not looking back with regret, but with thankfulness that God was there at every turn. "In the hands of Jesus, every one of those miles brought me to right now. Nothing wasted. Every mile mattered."
My favorite song on the album has to be "Slow Down," the beautiful duet with her daughter, Pepper Ingram.  (Nordeman is Nichole's maiden name, which she has kept, at least professionally.  Her husband's and children's last name is Ingram, which is my maiden name, so that holds a special place in my heart!)  The beautiful ballad with the lovely piano is nostalgic and pleading but not sad.  If only we could all slow down how fast our children are growing up and growing away from us - this hits close to home as my oldest heads for college next weekend!  And how our children long for us to slow down and spend the valuable time with them!

Whether you grew up in a Christian home and church, came to Christ later, wandered away from Christ and came back, or haven't found Christ yet, this album has something to say to you.  Jesus can work through every mile, every circumstance in your life.  Listen.  Let Him speak to you.

Find Every Mile Mattered at the following:

SOCIAL – CORNER

Official website - http://nicholenordeman.com
Buy links – ITunes http://capcmg.me/emm?IQid=b
                       Spotify http://capcmg.me/emm.sp
                        Amazon http://capcmg.me/emm.am)

Nichole has a book “SLOW DOWN” coming out in August!  Pre-order here: http://slowdown-book.com .

Check out Nichole’s blog  http://nicholenordeman.com and sign up for newsletters!

And of course, I have a CD to give away!  Leave any comment here or on my Facebook page to enter the drawing.  Drawing will be held Tuesday, August 8.

Disclosure (in accordance with the FTC’s 16 CFR, Part 255:  "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”):  Many thanks to Propeller Consulting, LLC for providing this prize for the giveaway.  Choice of winners and opinions are 100% my own and NOT influenced by monetary compensation.  I did receive a sample of the product in exchange for this review and post.

Only one entrant per mailing address, per giveaway.  If you have won a prize from our sponsor Propeller /FlyBy Promotions in the last 30 days on the same blog, you are not eligible to win.  Or if you have won the same prize on another blog, you are not eligible to win it again.  Winner is subject to eligibility verification.  Only continental U.S. residents for this promotion.


Happy Listening!


3 comments:

  1. Slow Down is my favorite song from the album also. I didn't realize it was her daughter singing with her, how neat! I really liked the various songs with the cello, orchestra, and acoustic guitar too, especially since there are musicians in our house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to win this. It's been a very Bad, horrible, no good day and I need a pick me up. We need to get our praise on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a good cd!

    ReplyDelete