Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Flyby Review: King's Faith


Eighteen foster homes. Nine arrests. One life-changing moment.


After Brendan King’s life spiraled to rock bottom, the teen found hope in a new relationship with Christ while serving time in a juvenile penitentiary. Recently released from prison, Brendan finds solace in the foster home of a couple struggling with suppressed grief.
As the city-bred teen enrolls at a suburban high school, he finds support from a group of believers. Yet the bonds of his old way of life—and the gang that wants to know where he hid their stash on a long-ago night—are strong. In his darkest moment, Brendan found faith. Now he must decide if it’s worth the price to hold on to it.

I recently received the DVD King's Faith to review for Flyby Promotions.  The story of a teen with a difficult past who found new life stirs emotion and raises good questions to discuss with teens and young adults.  The issues covered do face our teens today, and the movie provides a jumping board to launch into those discussions.  That said, while I did like the movie, I didn't love it.  My mother and I have both worked in Social Services, and having worked with teens like this, the story didn't ring true for me.  I don't know that the non-Christian teen who is living the described former life could relate to the path taken in the movie at all.  I discussed all this with my teen, wanting him to know realistic ways to reach out to people who are in trouble.
Please note: Film IS rated PG-13 for violence, drug content, and thematic events.  It definitely was not suitable for my preteens to watch.

If you are looking for entertaining movies with a Christian theme for teens, or if you would like to use this movie to engage your teenagers in discussion about drugs, abortion, etc., this may be a good movie for you.

To try out the movie for free, leave a comment on this blogpost or on my Facebook page.  I will choose a random winner for one copy of the King's Faith DVD next Thursday, November 14.
Watch the trailer/Visit the official website www.kingsfaith.comFacebook: https://www.facebook.com/KingsFaithTwitter: https://twitter.com/kingsfaith



No comments:

Post a Comment