Monday, October 11, 2010

Whatever You Do

Saturday, July 26, 2008


"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men." Col 3:23 NIV

I LOVE to scrapbook. Sometimes I think it may be a waste of time (and in fact, I have to budget my time so I don't scrapbook all the time and let my dirty house fall down around me!), but then my children eagerly sit down and devour each scrapbook as I finish it, and it's worth all the time and effort. As we move from place to place with the military, what better way to help children remember family members they don't see often, houses they've lived in, and friends who've moved away? Not to mention all the wonderful places we've seen on vacations and during PCS moves, such as Mt. Rushmore and Yellowstone Park? In addition, I believe that God created us to be creative beings, and we need outlets for our creativity. It is true that the scrapbooks could be ruined by the movers during the next PCS, but in the end, why do we spend time in our various creative outlets? What is the purpose of everything we do while we are on this earth? To bring glory to God. We sing, we paint, we play instruments to the Glory of God. And even if we're not very talented, we still appreciate beauty and creativity, often exclaiming in awe over the beauty of a forest or a sunset. The Scriptures tell us, "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men." So, if you're like me and have kids, church, and a busy schedule, possibly an outside job, you may not get much time to be creative. But when you do carve out a little piece of time for yourself, use it to praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment