Thursday, January 20, 2011

Back to the Manger

I should have posted this a month ago, but I would be remiss if I got much past Christmas without putting in a plug for Back to the Manger:  A Caroling Adventure Through Time by Christy & Daniel Semsen, published by Word Music.  This was simply the best children's Christmas program I have found anywhere, and my children's choir kids did a fabulous job with it!  The plot was interesting (and had an unexpected twist), the music appealed to upper-elementary children, and there were plenty of speaking- and solo-parts to go around.  This is a hard combination to find, and our church has been blessed with a number of children who enjoy and are capable of doing solos well.  Some of you are thinking, "Christmas, why is she still talking about Christmas?"  But if you direct children's choir or plays for a church or homeschool group, I know you are already considering what you might do next year!  I highly recommend Back to the Manger, and I might even have some second-hand music for you to purchase!

No comments:

Post a Comment